Dive into the universe of cinema at the heart of this former electric power plant transformed into a temple of the 7th Art by Luc Besson at the turn of the 20th century. On the agenda : Studios’ Ave., School of cinema, decoration workshops and 1001 stories and shooting anecdotes.
All this will let you understand the different faces of the film industry shown at the Cité, which are mixed up and pushed by the same energy and passion.
Your visit will begin at the heart of the exceptional ‘Nef’: a nave of Eiffel structure measuring over 200m in length and with an 18m high ceiling, where original sets and costumes of films such as ‘The 5th Element’ are on display. Further along your visit you will also discover 1 of the 9 different movie sets (currently out of use) that range from 600 to 2000m² in size!
You will discover hidden secrets concerning the construction of this ‘Hollywood-on-Seine’ thanks to a film that tracks the evolution of this revolutionary project undertaken by Luc Besson.
Good to know
- The Behind the Scenes at La Cité du Cinéma guided-tour are performed by our commercial partner Cultival
- Length of the visit : 1h45
- The visit does not allow attending a shooting
Information and booking
- Tours for individuals : Behind the scenes at La Cité du Cinéma guided-tour – Tours for individuals
- Tours for groups : Behind the scenes at La Cité du Cinéma guided-tour – Tours for groups
- Tours for school : Behind the scenes at La Cité du Cinéma guided-tour – Tours for school